- Men and women over 18 years of age
- All training and equipment is provided
- No minimum time requirements help out as your schedule permits.
- Chatham Township Volunteer Fire Department Membership Interest Form
- Interested in joining? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Firefighting doesn’t have to involve fighting fires. Become an Associate Member and assist with:
- Event Planning
- Public Relations
- Interested in joining as an Associate Member? Contact President Richard Gentles at email@example.com
The Chatham Township Volunteer Fire Department’s Junior Firefighter program is open to young men and women ages 16 and 17 years old who are interested in serving their community in a unique way. The program allows for young adults to explore the exciting and important role of a Firefighter and provides the opportunity to learn good life lessons such as the importance of teamwork and working towards a common goal for the greater good. Junior Firefighters are able to respond to emergency incidents, attend regular fire training drills and attend the Fire Academy to become a certified Firefighter. The department covers all equipment and training costs.
Junior drills are held every Friday night to go over/learn fundamental skills of being a firefighter prior to attending the academy.
This is a great opportunity to give back to the community and to explore career opportunities in the public service field. We have had great success with our junior members becoming career police officers and firefighters across the country. For example, members work in federal, state and local law enforcement. Others have become firefighters in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
If you are interested in learning more about the program please email Lieutenant Andrew Schmucker at firstname.lastname@example.org